I’ve just release reek version 0.3.1 with the following wonderful smelly goodness:
- Uncommunicative Name now checks instance variables more thoroughly, and also warns about names of the form ‘x2’.
- There’s a new warning about multiple identical calls within a single method…
- …and consequently the scope of Feature Envy warnings has been reduced, so that it now only covers overuse of lvars within a single method. Hopefully the warnings will be a little less rabid than in previous versions!
- Each checked code smell now has rdoc comments explaining what each smell is about and providing a simple example.
- Chained iterators are no longer mis-reported as nested.
Available now at a gem repository near you.